Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Trying to keep my feet out of the trough....

I love occasions like tonight when I'm out for an evening run and the eastern sky glows with pink clouds on one side of the road 
 while on the other side, the western sky is also lit with color from the setting sun. At least half the fun of running is the beauty of the changing skies and country around me.


My goal is to be accountable here to post each Tuesday or Wednesday. Tuesday is Weight Watcher's meeting/weigh in day during my lunch break.  Today when the meeting leader asked for people to share their success this week, I got to say that I tracked every single day for the first time in ages. (I didn't mention my super-duper excessive points day!) I used all 49 of the extra weekly WW Points+ as well as about half the activity points, but managed to lose one pound. I was encouraged by a chat with a friend there who I hadn't seen in awhile who also said nice things about my son, so that's always a bonus!

Another confession: Maybe I kinda over indulged in some very sweet and delicious watermelon. .I got it out for dessert after dinner the other day and helped myself to a generous portion, and my loving husband remarked with a grin, "Got both feet in the trough again, huh?" I fixed him with an icy unsmiling glare. I felt obliged to tell him, "If your goal is to make me extremely annoyed with you, then you just succeeded." There is just nothing good that can come from a remark like that! He recognized the error of his ways and apologized for his inappropriate remark. He's a good man.

This week's favorite healthy lunch:  Garden tomatoes are at their flavorful best, which means it's BLT time. I had a shrimp BLT sandwich that was SO very delicious! I used just one piece of bacon on a toasted Sandwich Thin whole wheat bun (the Fred Meyer brand has only 2 PP instead of 3 like the other brands), put some lemon juice and a little bit of Light Ranch dressing on the baby shrimp, added thick red tomato slices and some lettuce as well a couple thin slices of avocado. Amazing!!

Activity Points: I wear an "ActiveLink" activity tracker that works with the Weight Watchers eTools and calculates how many activity points I earn a day. While maintaining, I can eat the extra points it gives me, but while losing, I try not to use them so I can lose faster. My goal is to earn 7 points per day. I didn't make that every day, but had 54 points for the week. As long as I average 7 per day, I consider my goal met. I ran 15.1 miles last week, making a total 559 this year.  I'm at 79% of my goal to run 700 miles this year.

With the changing season and my busy time at work upon me, it's a challenge to get the run in before dark, especially if there is something going on in the evening. Tomorrow evening, we are looking forward to a visit from Will's cousin Juanita from Idaho, and the boys are joining us for dinner. So I plan to take a brisk walk during my lunch break, because I'll miss my Wednesday strength training/Zumba class. But hopefully, I will make it to my friend Mindy Droke's Zumba toning class at 5:30 Thursday at the new Caliente Fitness at the mall.

How was was your week? Any successes you want to tell us about? Any yummy healthy seasonal food ideas to share?

Goals for next week:
1. Keep planning ahead to make sure I eat healthy and get in my workouts.
2. Track every day.
3. Don't use up any of the Activity Points.
4. Think about this when I run:

"Your love, Lord, reaches to the heavens,
      your faithfulness to the skies.
Your righteousness is like the highest mountains,
    your justice like the great deep.
    You, Lord, preserve both people and animals.
How priceless is your unfailing love, O God!
   People take refuge in the shadow of your wings.
They feast on the abundance of your house;
   you give them drink from your river of delights.
For with you is the fountain of life
   in your light we see light."
Psalm 36:5-9


No comments:

Post a Comment