Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Skinny Enough to Eat Cookies!

Today as I was browsing the cookie aisle at Fred Meyer looking for the best value for the money to feed a few hundred parents and kids at our school open house tomorrow,  a portly elderly gentleman pushed his cart down the aisle toward me and remarked, "You're skinny enough to go ahead and eat those cookies!

My immediate response was, "Oh, I'm not buying them for me!"

"Sure," he chuckled. "That's what I tell myself too. I have to buy them for my grandkids!"

I proceeded to fill my basket to overflowing with packages of cookies, and next thing I know, he's coming back down the aisle. When he saw how many cookies I had, he looked so pleased and said, "Hey, I really got you going, didn't I!"

What is the best answer?
1. No, really, I don't even have grandkids, this is for a school open house!"
2. Yep, next time you see me in the cookie aisle, you own't recognize me. You'll be telling me I'm too fat to eat any cookies!
3. Fill in the blanks:___________________________.

Oddly enough, at yesterday's  Weight Watchers meeting we talked about cookies and what a temptation they are!

I also realized how stupid it was to immediately deny that I was buying cookies, instead of accepting the "compliment" with a smile and a thank you. If you're losing weight (or even if you're not), you may notice that a gracious "Thank you" just doesn't always come naturally when someone compliments you. But say it anyway! You don't need to point out how far you still have to go, or the fact that you still have fat rolls around your belly, or that you still have a big butt! Just say, "Thank you!" You will make the complimenter feel good and you will feel better too! And that is my tip for the day! (You're welcome!)

I'm started my weigh-in day weekly post yesterday but got home too late and am too brain dead to finish it tonight so I whipped this out for now. I'll post the other one soon. Hang in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment