Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Coasting and Grace

Where does time go? The past few weeks have been extremely busy and some very stressful things have happened. That's my excuse for not living up to my commitment to post once a week. Have I mentioned that I have a little problem with self-discipline?

So here I am, three weigh-ins after gaining a pound on the last one I wrote about. That pound is now gone and I am exactly where I was October 15. So you might say I have been coasting. I haven't been focused on counting points or tracking much at all the past few weeks, and only my consistent exercise is saving me from gaining. 

I got in some extra exercise while Will was gone hunting for 10 days. I drove home at lunch most days and took Zeek for a walk. It was always a great triumph that we made it down the road to the ditch in time for him to do his dirty business. Yes, every day. The dreaded pooper bag never had to be used. 

Last year I had a lot of trouble during the holidays and that's where the pounds started creeping back on. I'm determined not to let that happen this year. I still want to lose a few pounds but I think my goal will be to just maintain during the holidays and try to focus on eating healthy while enjoying moderate amounts of holiday goodies.

I am loving the Cross Fit class. My goal is to still do Zumba twice a week also but that's suffered a little because work is so busy. Tonight I was going to make it on time but when I got to the gym I realized I didn't have my shoes. Grrrr. I raced home, I mean drove sedately home, changed, and got back for the last 20 action packed minutes of Zumba, then stayed for Cross Fit. It feels so good to challenge the body to do different things, things that are hard!

Since I'm so inconsistent and wishy-washy about things, it makes me very happy that I serve an unchanging God. 

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." (Hebrews 13: 8)

And I've been thinking about the following verse as well: "Do not be led away by diverse and strange teachings; for it is well that the heart be strengthened by grace, not by foods, which have not benefited their adherents."

May I keep my focus on the God who gives the grace that strengthens my heart. Because of His grace, I  persevere in spite of my weakness and failures.

No comments:

Post a Comment