Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Resolved

New Years Day 2014. The day that hopeful, optimistic people around the world make resolutions and goals in an ongoing effort to become the best that they can be. Are you making resolutions? How'd you do with last year's?

I am happy to reach the end of the year still fitting into my clothes and maintaining the Weight Watchers Lifetime status. That's definitely a goal for next year as well!

My fitness goal in 2013 was to run 700 miles. I was thrilled to reach that on my birthday, December 12. Every time I run since then, the Runkeeper app is bugging me to set another goal, but I haven't decided what that will be. Probably less than 700, since I don't plan to run another half marathon this year. Probably.

In 2014….

I am resolved to continue the goals and lifestyle on the sidebar of this blog. I realized this month when I was struggling with some outrageous compulsive eating that I had taken my eyes off the commitment and was focusing on the details. It's important to have a plan to accomplish the goals, but when I'm focusing on tracking or other food rules instead of the big picture, it's harder to make the right choices. Every day, and sometimes many times a day, I renew my commitment to making healthy choices for my body and to staying focused on giving "my utmost for His highest" in my daily life.

I am resolved to start my day by focusing on God, because without His strengthening love and grace, I can do nothing good. I love the One Thousand Gifts devotional by Ann Voskamp. It's always an inspiring way to start the day with the awareness of the constant presence of Jesus in my life, and the reminder to recognize and thank God for the many gifts of His love and grace that each day brings.

Resolved. Committed. Faithful. Determined. Persevering. Steadfast. Tenacious. Never give up! Enjoy the satisfaction that comes from accomplishment!

"So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, overflowing with thankfulness…and in Christ you have been brought to fullness." (Colossians 2:6-7, 10)

Happy 2014! May it be your healthiest and happiest year ever! What are you resolved to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment